Friday, June 17, 2011

Shade Tree Caricaturist

I was recently asked by a good friend to take part in his church's summer Bible School carnival day. The theme was a carnival atmosphere, so they asked me to come and do caricatures of the kids there. So among the bouncy houses, waterslides, games, cotton candy and popcorn, there I was with pencil in hand. They were nice enough to put me under a nice shady tree, too.



It was a great day and I had a blast. The kids were fun (and I got to draw a couple of the adults as well.) I wish I could have taken some snaps of the actual drawings - but the kids were all so excited they took off with them to show friends before I could.













I am not really a caricaturist per se - but I enjoyed myself, and everyone seemed pretty happy with the results. It was a fun day, and I want to thank my friend Jerry and everyone at the Valier First Baptist Church for the invitation to be a part of the day.

No comments: